OmahaSteaks.com, Inc.

Monday, February 21, 2011

An Honor And A Privilege

As you may already be able to tell, I'm a big fan of spreading the joy of barbecue, and to do that, I write a lot of articles and posts and comments, and join a lot of different barbecue groups and forums around the country, even Internationally, so that I can stay connected and communicate with as many lovers of barbecue as I can.

While doing that recently, I was asked to moderate a new subgroup of Gourmet Movement on LinkedIn, by the owner of the group, Matthias (Tesi) Baur, called Gourmet BBQ and of course, leaped at the opportunity!

My vision for the site is to create a community of cross-cultural food lovers, sharing experiences from around the world, whether that be in the form of different regional styles of barbecue within the United States, from Maine to Hawaii or Florida to Alaska; International styles from Asia Pacific to Latin America to Europe; different types of grilling, like direct and indirect, plank and smoking; recipes from around the world, whether it's Australian shrimp, Brazilian churrascaria, Mongolian beef, a Jack Daniels Competition throw-down, or appetizers and veggies; event promotion, local or International, touring chefs, blog promotion, site and article promotion, companion products, grills, accessories, spices, rubs and sauces.

To me, barbecue represents a lot more than cooking outdoors.  For those that are good at it, it brings a sense of pride, from which radiates goodness, sharing, community, honor and integrity.  I don't expect everyone to feel that way, but that's how I feel and I want others to experience that.

So, if you're on LinkedIn and you are in some way, shape or form, involved in the cooking field, food and beverage industry, wine and beer distribution, spice/rub/sauce business, accessory distribution, restaurant business, are a competition pit master or are just a back yard griller or foodie, I'd like you to join me and help me create my vision.

Go to LinkedIn Groups and search for Gourmet BBQ.  I hope to see you there.

1 comment:

  1. Hay Scooter! Hope you're doing well on this fine Tuesday morning, everything is great here. This sounds like a lot of fun, godspeed to you! I do have an account there, but as with many such things, I don't end up spending much time in them. I'll keep muh eyes peeled tho', just in case. May your hardwoods burn clean and true all throughout your days.

    xo, Biggles

    ReplyDelete